Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More Traveling Down Memory Lane and Celebrating Samantha!

Our next major stop was North Central University in Minneapolis, MN, our alma mater.  After 16 years, there have been some major changes but the basic bones of the structures are there.  We hung out in Elliott Park to stretch our legs before we made our way into the CLC (College Life Center) to get “permission” to meander around.  The kind receptionist welcomed us in the old NCU way along with giving Dave and I nice shirts and toys for the kids! J   Our tuition dollars are starting to pay dividends.

As we walked around, Dave and I slipped back into our old roles.  I know you wouldn’t believe it but Dave became cautious as we snooped around saying:  “Rachel, you know they have cameras here!”  I, in turn, would respond, “Yeah, but let’s go down this hall, I mean, what are they going to do, kick us out!” 


For those who attended NCBC with us, we snuck up the back stairwell in Carlson Hall to see the morgue on the 4th floor.  I also made it up to my dorm room in Miller Hall; the one where Becky Brogden trapped Tracy May inside and we had to call the Mpls fire department to get her out. (I was bummed, because I forgot to take a picture until after we left! L )  My kids were shocked to hear all this information about their mother.  Samantha commented, “Wow, I am seeing a different side of my mother in the last 30 minutes then I have seen in all my 15 years!”  By the way, it is Sam’s 15th birthday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to my sweet Samantha!  We also took a walk down Elliott Avenue to see if the giant silver fish sculpture was there, but sadly, it is gone!  Dave and I stood on the sidewalk square by Carlson Hall where 18 years ago, the revelation came to him that I was the one for him!  Sweet memories! J

Driving around Mpls was great fun as we took “tourist” pictures out the window while driving.

We shared with Sam all the great restaurant spots and for her birthday dinner she chose LeeAnn Chin’s.  What an excellent choice!  Sam kept saying, “Wow, this is the best Chinese food I’ve ever had!”  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment